Sunday, June 19, 2011

Support the "Healing Waters" documentary, by Steve Hasty

On the Virginia trip I took with fellow scotch-sipping Healing Waters bro, Kyle McAdams, we both had the extraordinary pleasure of meeting Steve Hasty, renowned videographer and photographer among a slough of other talents. The following is a link to donate to his project. Please visit and make your dollars count for something important -- our soldiers' stories need to seen and heard.

Donate to Project Healing Waters: The Film


About Mac

My photo

I am W. Chad McPhail. I'm an outdoor/travel writer, book author, former English teacher, and Amarillo native. 

I spend my spare time traipsing around the mountains and streams of the southwest in search of wild trout with my family, friends, various freeloaders, and other flotsam and jetsan. I used to teach English & Creative Writing. These days I am a Right of Way field agent with Coates Field Service, representing Sharyland Utilities during the construction of a 345 megawatt transmission line from Hereford to Panhandle, Texas. I love exploring the outdoors, fly fishing, backpacking, camping, hiking, kayaking, and yes, writing outdoor and travel books and pieces. I am a field writer of flyfishing, backpacking, camping, and kayaking articles for Suite101.com. I have written many articles for magazines such as Southwest Fly Fishing, Texas Fish & Game, Rocky Mountain Game & Fish, ESPN.com, and more. I have co-penned three books with fishing buddy Mark D. Williams; Colorado Flyfishing: Where to Eat Sleep Fish, 49 Trout Streams of Southern Colorado, and An Introduction to Fly Fishing for Trout.