Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tres Lagunas Wildfire jeopardizes Pecos River trout

Unfortunately, yet another of our precious New Mexican water resources has been scorched by wildfire. The Pecos Wilderness and intertwined watershed is in jeopardy, but most of all, our trout could be in deep shit. Please click following link to read the brief article.

Tres Lagunas Wildfire jeopardizes Pecos River trout

Fish, or be fished!

Mac!

About Mac

My photo

I am W. Chad McPhail. I'm an outdoor/travel writer, book author, former English teacher, and Amarillo native. 

I spend my spare time traipsing around the mountains and streams of the southwest in search of wild trout with my family, friends, various freeloaders, and other flotsam and jetsan. I used to teach English & Creative Writing. These days I am a Right of Way field agent with Coates Field Service, representing Sharyland Utilities during the construction of a 345 megawatt transmission line from Hereford to Panhandle, Texas. I love exploring the outdoors, fly fishing, backpacking, camping, hiking, kayaking, and yes, writing outdoor and travel books and pieces. I am a field writer of flyfishing, backpacking, camping, and kayaking articles for Suite101.com. I have written many articles for magazines such as Southwest Fly Fishing, Texas Fish & Game, Rocky Mountain Game & Fish, ESPN.com, and more. I have co-penned three books with fishing buddy Mark D. Williams; Colorado Flyfishing: Where to Eat Sleep Fish, 49 Trout Streams of Southern Colorado, and An Introduction to Fly Fishing for Trout.